Sunday, February 27, 2011

Re-Inspired...

I received my last cookbook in the mail! Harvest Eating. I've been looking through it this afternoon and getting re-excited about cooking again. A good thing. So tonight for dinner we will be having Leek and Potato Soup, Bowtie Pasta with Butternut Squash and, potentially, Kale Greens. All three are recipes from the new book. So, in a few, I'm off to the store to buy the handful of items that I need. I'm also going to get what I need to start a batch of Creme Fraiche - which is a cultured cream topping.... yum.
I did go to the Farmer's Market on Wednesday and find a few items that the other Market doesn't offer - Persian cucumbers (mmmm...), Lemongrass (to make Lemonade with Lemongrass) and several other items that I didn't get this time around, due to a full fridge, but plan to try out as soon as I can.
Talk to you again soon... perhaps after dinner. If it turns out.

No comments: