Friday, February 18, 2011

Cucumbers, Amazon & Rain...


The other day I went to Whole Foods for cucumbers and found pumpkin and sage ravioli... They were beautiful! The pasta was marbled with rich hues of yellow and red - all moist and plump, just calling to be sautéed with butter and fresh sage. So I did. Tonight for dinner. Only two perished in the process - but they've not done so in vain. The water they have flavored will go on to be soup tomorrow... 
Along with the ravioli I steamed some fresh carrots with some sautéed fennel then added butter and a tad of brown sugar just before they were done. Delicious, if I do say so myself. It was such fun to cook the meal! 




I love having new things to try! And, thus far, it's been as simple as my everyday ordinary meals I always made. (Though the fresh ravioli proved rather testy to separate from one another! You have any hints for future reference?)
For dessert I heated half 'n half with raw sugar and vanilla which I poured, warm, over fresh peaches... the peaches weren't the best, since it is February after all, but the cream made up for it...


I'm excited to go tomorrow to the farmer's market again - a bit earlier this week - to see what I can find... Hopefully they will be open in spite of the rain. I'd like to get some butternut and/or acorn squash and more carrots... who knows what else I'll find along the way!
Oh, I found the cookbooks on Amazon! All three for the price of one at the bookstore! I can't wait for them to show up... 
It's been a "Seattle-day" here today... it's wonderful! Gray. Cloudy. Misty. Rainy. My favorite. I'm excited to see what comes of the soup tomorrow. It's perfect timing.

No comments: