Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Carrots & Taxes

I think nearly every evening that I want to sit and write... and every evening disappears before I get a chance. So, here I am, for just a moment - saying hello to you all.







As far as food adventures go, I've come to find that I am very fond of Pesto! Something I never realized before, due to a bad batch perhaps many years ago. My friend made it for dinner the other night and served it with freshly toasted pine nuts and it was remarkable! Thank you Jennifer!!

Tonight I will be roasted three shades of carrots - purple, white & yellow... They have become a staple in this house... I love carrots! Not sure what I'll be serving alongside these colorful veggies... but I guess we shall see!
When I first bought a bulb of fennel a friend told me that I could make tea from the leaves. I have yet had a chance to do so - today I bought more fennel and got one with lots of 'fronds'... I've even looked up how to make said tea - I'm excited to finally try it!

I finished my taxes the other day! I couldn't believe they were done! I would have given up and put off day after day had it not been for Jennifer sitting nearby helping me make sense of it all - it's a completely different 'adventure' (??) when you are self-employed. This was my first time having to do taxes this route... thankfully when I started the job I didn't have a clue how much I needed to take out and over-estimated - yay!! So now I have a nice little bundle of 'savings' that needs it's future coursed out! (I'll keep you posted! Pardon the pun!) Oh, and another thing - write-off are amazing! :o)

Okay, well, I'm off to eat some lunch before the little guy I nanny wakes up and we head to MyGym - yet another grand adventure in my life a couple days a week!

Take care & Rest in Him...

No comments: