Monday, March 21, 2011

Cinnamon Cabbage Concoction...

I just have to share my little concoction that I just made - I was hungry, looked in the fridge and started grabbing and cutting and sauteing. This time it worked! The only way I can describe it to you will be to just give you the 'recipe'. 

Chop 1/3 of a head of cabbage (that was all I had left - use more if you like), 
begin sauteing it in some hot coconut oil over Medium-ish heat. 
Grate 1 large carrot, add it to the pan.
Slice 1 good sized bulb of fennel, add it to the pan as well. 
(If you want the fennel a softer texture you may want to add it first.)
Peel, core and chop one small apple (mine was fuji), add it to the pan.
Mince up around-about a Tbl of fresh sage leaves, add to pan.
Squeeze some juice from 1/2 a lemon into the pan. (I didn't use the whole half worth)
Add a couple Tbl of butter, turn up the heat to Med-High or High.
Add Salt & Pepper to taste.
Add a good sprinkle of Cinnamon.
Stir, brown a bit, until it's at the tenderness you enjoy...


It's a fun combination of flavors.


That said. I've had a great week off and a splendid weekend visiting Nieces and Nephews and a Great-Niece. Went on a mini-hike and saw a beautiful waterfall - pictures and details to come. Also managed to cook an amazing meal - more pictures and more details to come!
For now, I must wrap up and clean up the kitchen and go buy groceries!
Take care and thanks for reading... Feel free to comment! I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: