Saturday, April 30, 2011

My little Apartment Garden...


Today I planted 4 small SunSugar Cherry Tomato plants, 2 Strawberry plants, Carrot seeds, and a transplanted Basil plant (to save it from a very active peppermint plant!) into a long planter to go outside our studio apartment door. I'm so excited to see how they do!

Also, I have a new favorite homemade salad dressing... Trader Joe's Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar and Olive Oil. It's GREAT on Spinach with Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes and crumbled Goat Cheese.... it breaks down the cheese and makes it super creamy... Yum! I also got Trader Joe's Butternut Squash Triangoli... even though I boiled them to quickly and all the filling seeped out I sprinkled them with the Goat Cheese as well and folded the pasta 'shell' over the cheese - they tasted amazing! Who knew Goat Cheese was so good?!
 'Not I' said the Duck!

The round pot in back is the Peppermint and Sage

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! It's so nice not having mine all planned out.... Nice and relaxing! Though I do have to say that last weekend I went to San Diego and painted some coaster with my Niece at the Hobby Shop on base... So much fun! I'll show you pictures after I pick them up from her next month.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Your little garden is a wonderful idea.

How do you make fennel tea? I just read an article that said to make tea as follows: boil 1/2 tsp. crushed seeds per every cup water for 10-15 min. keeping the pot covered.

Love reading your blogs! Keep it up!

Tabitha said...

Wellll... let me put it this way: I think the recipe you found will be a better one! I just boiled the leaves and let it set... didn't come out so great. Took a sip and tossed it out! :o)
I'm so glad you enjoy the blog!
Thanks for posting Mary! You're my first!

SUGAR MOON said...

Great Pictures!!!
Enjoying your blog.

Tabitha said...

Sugar Moon ~ Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy it! I love your moon picture!

Anonymous said...

Your salad sounds SO YUMMY! I wish I could try it right now! :) i saw the squash thingys at Trader Joes just the other day and I was curious! Now I'm thinking about goat cheese...:)
-Niece

Tabitha said...

Niece :o)
You should get the "triangoli's" - they are yummy! My second attempt was much better!