Monday, December 12, 2011

More Soup and Excitement...

I'm making more soup! This time it has tons of veggies (Cabbage, Kale, Zucchini, Onion, Celery (plus leaves), Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, White Beans...) and lots of fresh and dried Italian type seasonings (Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, Oregano, Basil... etc) with Veggie Broth. This time I decided to venture out and add some meat (other than chicken...) - So, Jimmy Dean pork sausage was fried up and added -- It's been cooking for a while now and the taste test held great promise, so I'm excited for it to be done so we can try it out! It has a nice sweet taste, which is what was sounding good, but I wasn't sure how to accomplish it!

On another note, I'm getting super excited to head to Georgia in 11 days! (With the blessing of a super long layover in Seattle! Can't wait!) Can't wait to spend two glorious weeks off with everyone!!

I'm really loving this Christmas season this year! The weather has been cold for a few weeks now and it was raining nearly all day today - Makes cooking even more fun! Getting a fun package all ready to mail to my parents (Nope, I ain't tellin' you Mom! Not even on here! You'll just have to wait!) Christmas music is going and decorations are on the window... it's just so fun!

I have tons of crafty projects to keep me busy in the evenings all next week while my roommate is gone, so the posts will hopefully be coming to keep you updated! Should be fun! I'm intrigued to see how I do with them and how they turn out... :o)

Time to go see if the soup is ready to eat! I'm hungry!

Talk to you soon!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sounds yummy! I would have loved a bite.